Sonic Screwdriver -->

Friday 19 April 2013

We Miss You, Elisabeth Sladen!

I think the next companion's name should be Elisabeth, even though her middle name was Clara (a clue?).

As many of you may know, today is the second anniversary of the death of Elisabeth Sladen, who played Sarah Jane Smith, probably my all-time favourite companion, and to my knowledge, the only companion to appear in both the classic and revival series.

I think David Tennant in the forward he wrote for her autobiography said it best.


Here is a delightful song written in her memory.

She died in 2011 after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer two months prior. (The type, I believe, was not officially confirmed by the family, although several sources say that it was that, and I know from personal experience that it kills you very, very quickly.) She was 65.


In her honour and memory, this will be the only post today.