Sonic Screwdriver -->

Wednesday 19 March 2014

One Year Later


Yes, I am aware that today is the 19th and I actually
started this wonderful blog last year on the 18th.
I will tell you simply what happen: I forgot.

Here is what I have to say about this milestone:

TARDIStyle became more than I possibly ever imagined. In one year, we had 38,721 people from every continent on the planet (except Antarctica, as far as I know) view this site. I simply cannot believe how many people have seen my work, and that is not all. As my loyal readers know, I was published on FBI-Spy, and have no idea how many people have seen that, as well as how many people have seen the posts I managed to have synced to our Tumblr. The 239 our Facebook is a number I would like to see rise, but the 771 people who have followed our Twitter amaze me. I truly love interacting with all of TARDIStyle's amazing fans.

Now, a look to the future. As we all know, the beginning of Peter Capaldi's run as the Doctor is slated for August. That's about five months away, so I can't say that there will be much activity with the blog proper until then. However, that doesn't mean I won't be writing about the good Doctor. An official announcement: this Sunday, I was hired to write for CSO Fanzine. I have decided what I will be writing about, but you'll have to wait until the next issue is published this summer to see what it is! I promise you a good, intellectual article of the type that is the crux of this blog. Also, I am in negotiations with another fanzine, which I will not name until it is official. I am so excited that my writing will be in print; I can't even explain it.

Sooner than the summer, you can expect to see non-Whovian posts. I am listening to "Welcome to Night Vale" and will post about that once I am caught up. Also, I've been audio-booking Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes stories, and you can expect to see posts about that soon as well. I'm sure I will also write more about CBS's  Elementary as well. I finished Torchwood: Miracle Day a few weeks ago and owe you guys a post on that as well. You can also look forward to more TARDIStyle Talks on YouTube as I convert the files.

And now, some shameless self-promotion: As always, TARDIStyle is looking for new contributors. If you're interested, please contact me via email, mention or direct message on Twitter, private question on Tumblr, or inbox message via Facebook. We need all types, and no experience is required--just a drive to write well. Please also know that if you are in other fandoms as well, we would love to have you on the team as well--your writing doesn't have to be about Doctor Who! I am especially interested in writers who are not in the USA, but by no means is that a bar on American writers! This is simply for the international exposure. Please contact me if at all interested!!

I am so proud to have had stuck with this blog for a year. I hope to make it last for many more, but I can't do it without readers. If you enjoy TARDIStyle, please tell your friends about it and follow us on our social media accounts (see below). And thank you all so much for the support and love you have given me so far.

Allons-Y!!
Like What You See?

Join Us On:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind while commenting. Vile comments will be removed upon their discovery.